1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

desktop icon (dos location)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by williamwallace, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamwallace

williamwallace Thread Starter

bit annoying this one more than anything :(
    I installed XP and installed the dial up program for 'hometime'(a bt/freeserve server package) only to find that it wasnt compatible with XP as yet and settled for another package instead. The problem is i cant remove the desktop icon for hometime , i've looked everywhere for it and cant seem to find it anywhere. Could anyone suggest any directories in DOS it would be in so that i can remove it.

Any suggestions would be much

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

It will be in one of your documents and settings folders under desktop.

Check all users
    default users

check your current profile.

You also might want to right click on the shortcut and check to see that the icon is not set to read only and check the security tab to make sure everyone has full control.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!