desktop icon (dos location)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

williamwallace

bit annoying this one more than anything :(
I installed XP and installed the dial up program for 'hometime'(a bt/freeserve server package) only to find that it wasnt compatible with XP as yet and settled for another package instead. The problem is i cant remove the desktop icon for hometime , i've looked everywhere for it and cant seem to find it anywhere. Could anyone suggest any directories in DOS it would be in so that i can remove it.

Any suggestions would be much

Brooks

It will be in one of your documents and settings folders under desktop.

Check all users
default users

check your current profile.

You also might want to right click on the shortcut and check to see that the icon is not set to read only and check the security tab to make sure everyone has full control.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online