Desktop Icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sandywujy

When I turn on my computer everything goes smoothly but then when it loads the desktop some of the files on my desk top just shows as an application without the normal image. On the quick launch bar it shows black squares and same in the start menu. My OS is Windows 2000 and I have service package 2. I have not set a restore point. Help!

Thanks in advance.

Sandywujy

Yes I know but whenever I try to install the next service package my computer gets an error...I forgot what it was...should I try again?

Try again and post the error msg if it happens again.
You might want to consider re-installing 2000 also.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online