Solved Desktop icons backup for windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jacob2015

I used to work with desktopOK to save my desktop icons and their location when running windows 7.
DesktopOK does not work very well with windows 10. Also, I was told that it became a dangerous invader.
So I wrote the following bat file to save the desktop icons. (my desktop is in directory y:)

@Echo on
xcopy y:\desktop y:\icons %date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%%date:~10,4% /C /E /H /I /J /K /O /R /X
break
@Echo icons saved
break

It does not solve my need because it does not save the icons' location, just a copy of the desktop.
In addition, instead of creating a file called icons+date as I wanted, it creates a second file also called desktop in the Y: directory. It is a mess having those two files side by side both called desktop. Windows gets crazy.
So my first question is: what is wrong with my bat file? Secondly? Is there a way to add icon location?
Thanks Jacob

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts