1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop icons "flee" from cursor...Help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by maxman48, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxman48

maxman48 Thread Starter

My desktop icons wont remain "fixed". They flee from my mouse cursor.

I have done the usual complete virus check, but nothing is found or cleaned. I have made a "photo" of my system and "gone back" to try to restore an older version of my system. This did not help. If I can "catch" a desktop icon, it works o.k. but this is frustrating. Thanks for any help. Maxman

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

3. fireboy69

fireboy69

Whitphil is right.....Housecall will not only detect it, but they also have the fix available for it. Once it determines which version you have, click on the "Search the site" link, then click "Virus Information" under the common topics header. This will take you to a page of the top ten, and give you an option to search for others by name. Click on the specific virus that you have, and it will give you the info on it, as well as the fixes available. Good Luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice