1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop icons slow to load

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by joanied, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joanied

joanied It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Jul 11, 2002
    I hope someone can help me.
    The past couple of weeks my desktop icons have been very slow to load. When I turn on my computer the desktop comes up as usual, and the 'wallpaper' I use is there (a color with a small photo in the center) but the icons take a few minutes to appear, once they do then my task bar also loads and everything is normal...

why are my desktop icons taking so long to show up? It was suugested I make my icon cache larger...but I have no isea how to do that. I was also told a safe mode boot up might help...but I have never started in safe mode, and not sure about trying it.

I am certain I have no nasty things lurking, and I de frag ect often.

There must be an easy fix to slow loading desktop icons...can someone help me?
    Thank you.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/773952