1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop Icons won't lock

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NIKEZ, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

My pc was recently hit with several malwares, which messed up my pc pretty good. After I got rid of all of them, I noticed that one problem still remains: my desktop icons won't stay locked in place the way I want them. I would move the icons in one place, and it'll stay up until I refresh the page or restart the computer. They would all revert back to the left side of the desktop. Any way to lock these? I've already checked to see that auto arrange icons is turned on, even tried checking it and unchecking it. I also checked to see that "Allow themes to change desktop icons" in Desktop Icon Settings is unchecked.

2. Hermitt43

Hermitt43

Did you uncheck "Align icons to grid"?

Jim

3. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

I've tried unchecking it, then rechecking it. I still get the same problem. I'm starting to have a feeling that the malwares messed up the registry

4. Hermitt43

Hermitt43

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063241