1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop Icons

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Phase, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Phase

Phase Thread Starter

Some desktop Icons are messed up, even some in the start menu are. They show a blank white window with a blue title bar. I can right click and select properties and it shows the correct icon there.

I've tried refreshing the desktop, I've tried shutting down completely, I've tried restarting...

What gives?

2. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:) If you don't already have it, install TweakUI. Run it and choose the option to repair icons located under the repair section.

Good luck.

Kilowatt

3. Phase

Phase Thread Starter

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7682/untitledow1.png

I get that error.

I used to have it, don't know where it went to, maybe I uninstalled it. But anyway, thats what I get when I double click the install file.

EDIT: I did some searching and found that I have it already, but why is that error showing up?

EDIT #2: Repair worked, THANKS!

4. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

Uninstall any previous version you find then reinstall a new copy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!