1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop Items

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jamesusillxd, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesusillxd

jamesusillxd Thread Starter

Someone i know has cleaned up my computer for free and taken all the unessasatry software of my computer today,
    but he wiped my desktop and i cant put items on the desktop,
    I dont know how i can access my recycle bin and things like that,
    I dont think i will be able to cantact him for a couple of days, but id really appreaciate being able to sort this out quickly

Is this a setting on Windows you can use?
    How do you change it back?
    Ive Tryed going into "personalise " and setting the desktop items, they dont appear.
    Thanks.

2. techdawg667

techdawg667

right click on the desktop and click on Personalize. On the top-left corner there should be a link called "Change Desktop Icons" A window should pop up and you should be able to check which icons should appear on the desktop.

3. jamesusillxd

jamesusillxd Thread Starter

No ive tryed that,
    You cant actually PUT items on the desktop,
    Like, drag them or whatever.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/693675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice