Desktop keeps randomly crashing

Ihatecomputerproblems

Hi Tech-sperts

Recently had a PC desktop given to me because it was crashing randomly all the time. I Put brand new SSD(removed old HDD), fresh Win10 install, removed graphics card and using on board graphics, updated ALL drivers, and will still crash at random times.

If I overwork the RAM, open 1000 browsers make PC work hard it wont crash. But then it can be idle for 4 hours and crash. OR I can work it hard and it will crash. Or it can sit idle for 3 days before crash.

Doesn't matter if it's a game, or a movie or only thing running is a word processor or Excel it can crash. Again all at random. It once idled for 10 days before crash and I've worked it hard for 2 days before a crash

I even tried swapping RAM slots (I have 4x4=8GB, and 4 slots) but could not due to certain order for Ram.

Wondering what suggestion or idea you have next?

Also if I try to run a windows ram test PC crashes then or it will do the test and then not reboot

hyperfusion Ram (Red)
i5 processor

computer is about 4 years old. It's super quick and runs like a dream... Until it crashes of course.

Thanks for any and all help

Have you checked Event Viewer to see if anything is revealed there? For the RAM test, I would suggest using Memtest booting from a USB drive, so you can cut Windows out of the equation entirely; especially when it's prone to crashing.

Also, purely from a personal perspective: when I had all sorts of unexplained reboots & crashes on an old Win 7 PC, I pinned it down eventually to a failing PSU. That might be worth considering, too.

Ihatecomputerproblems

So I FINALLY got around to doing the memtest86 ... And to my suprise, in the first 30 seconds i had over 30 errors. So I quit the test. Ram will be my first change and I will go from there

Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online