Desktop loading issue! Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RukiaKyuuketsuki

Okay, so I can run my laptop in safe mode with networking, but it won't let me load the desktop normally. I can log in, but it just will not load. I know I don't have a virus and I've tried system restore, but it told me it failed do to errors and corrupted files. It there any way to fix this myself?

What do you get exactly when you access standard Windows? Do you see the desktop and icons? You mention corrupted files, did system restore say when it failed? You can try Startup Repair to start with.

RukiaKyuuketsuki

I don't get any messages about it not loading, but I do see the icons. It shows I've clicked on the icon, but won't load anything. It loads slow and Skype won't even load at start up. After I do the system restore it still won't load the desktop and I have to do the safe mode with networking to find out that it had failed due to the error and corrupted files. I'll try start up repair and see if that fixes it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online