1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop Messed Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Armless, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Armless

Armless Thread Starter

Hey, I the ATI Radeon 9250 video card. While I was playing Warcraft 3 all of a sudden some message pops up telling me there has been an error with the video card. It gave me the option of sending the error or not sending the error to ATI. I chose not to send the error. After I choose not to send the error and I went back to my game. After I was done with the game I exited the game and my desktop became super big. I tried to change the resolution but it would still stay really big. Any advice on what to do?

2. a9tt3r

a9tt3r

What is your resolution now?

3. onsite

onsite

more than likely the video drivers corrupted
    1. open the case, i think that vid card may have a fan. Make sure the fan turns when power is on and it turns freely.
    2. close the case, start windows, go to control panel / system / hardware / device manager
    3. click the + sign next to display adapter
    4. highlight the ATI DISPLAY CARD
    5. right click on highlighted card, then click uninstall
    6. click enter or what ever to confirm uninstall
    7. go back to the top of the list
    8. make sure your PC, by it's name is highlighted
    9. click action in the taskbar
    10. click scan for new hardware changes

>>>>if this does not work you may need your driver cd for the video card.

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Uninstall your drivers, Clean with driver cleaner pro, http://www.majorgeeks.com/Driver_Cleaner_Professional_d3214.html

Download and install the new ATI drivers. Disable VPU recover from the catalyst control center.

Maybe someone is going to give me grief over posting this but VPU recover is useless and causes more problems than it has ever solved.

Skivvy..........a long time ATI type.

5. Armless

Armless Thread Starter

The resolution right now is 1280 x 1024. Thanks for the quick replys and information. I think I'll wait for my brother to come home first because I don't want him to blame me if I mess up the computer even more. My video card did not come with a fan. There is no fan on the video card.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485234

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice