1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop missing

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Kiki5786, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiki5786

Kiki5786 Thread Starter

I really don't know where to put this problem so it's here. My desktop is entirely gone. There's just a black screen. My computer can still run everything fine but hitting the windows key doesn't do anything and I can't access my tray or task bar. I think this happened because I exited some nvidia program that was in my tray, but I don't know what I closed so I don't know what to reopen. I shut off the computer and turned it on again hoping that would fix it but it hasn't. Somebody please help I really don't know how to fix this.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Kiki5786, and welcome to TSG.

How are you able to start any programs to know they still run fine?

Does the screen show anything when you first power up the computer?

Are you able to boot into Windows Safe Mode?

Please tell us the brand and the full and exact model number of the computer and monitor.

What version of Windows are you running?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice