1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

desktop moves around windows open

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by antoniette, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. antoniette

antoniette Thread Starter

Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me with a problem, i have had recently. When im online, suddenly, my desktop starts moving around, and windows, such as the startbar and task menu, open up automatically. When this happens, i just have to shut down my computer. Any one know why this is happening? Please let me know...thanks

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

HOUSECALL ANTI-VIRUS

Check for virus-if the icons on the desktop are dancing around where you can't click on them, good possibility you're infected.

If the scan is clean, there may be a hardware or windows problem.

Run the virus scan first to be sure!

Good Luck!

ST

3. antoniette

i have windows 98 se, and i am having a trouble with my desktop moving around and windows, such as the taskbar properties, opening up. I was wondering, would the system restore help me at all. This problem, just happened recently. If I restore the system to the end of january, would that help? I tried to scan for viruses, and nothing showed up.....pls let me know, if the system restore would work, and how to do it...thanks..antoniette

4. antoniette

just happened again, tonight, any ideas, why this is happening?

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Didnt' you also post that you lost your Back and Forward Arrows while using a Search Engine?

I would check for a Trojan.

There is a free trial available for a good one here. "The Cleaner" by Moosoft.

http://www.moosoft.com/

6. antoniette

yes i did, im having a bad day...i checked ..some viruses were detected, but i still had the same problem, tonight with the desktop moving around

7. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

A Virus Scan will not pick up all Trojans. Try a Trojan Program and see if it finds anything.

8. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

You said it picked up viruses. Which ones? And were they cleaned?

9. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

Also what version of windows are you using?

If it is Windows ME it will be in the _restore file also.

10. antoniette

i am on windows 98 se, and i scanned for trojans, on the above mentioned site...any other sites, i can go to , to scan?

11. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

antoniette,

You say,
    is this the site? HOUSECALL ANTI-VIRUS

If so you need to read Mosaic's three post again. Exspecially No. 2 & No. 3

It would help if you would answer them.

Did you download and try The Cleaner? If you haven't you should. Just be sure to get the updates before you run it.

12. antoniette

I tried both of them, the moosoft, picked up stuff, and i cleaned them out, but then last night, the problem happened again.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice