Desktop not functioning correctly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MattD00

I logged into my Windows 7 pc yesterdy and I found that all my icons were not being displayed on the desktop and also I can not high-light the desktop with the lest mouse button. I can still get the right click menu. First thing I did was reboot but the problem is still there so I ended the process explorer.exe and started it as a new task. The problem was still there. I did a full virus,spyware and malware scan. I also ran hijack this but didn't find anything unusual. I have no idea what is causing the problem. If i naviate to the desktop in windows file manager i can see all my desktop icons and everything looks fine.

TerryNet

Terry
Right click on the Desktop - View - make sure "Show desktop icons" is selected.

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Another point. Have you recently added another user? Could be, if you have, that the desktop needs setting up again - re Terry's suggestion??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online