Desktop not loading on Win 2000 ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Padmund

Hey folks.

I am using windows 2000. From about a week ago now my laptop will not boot to the desktop once i go by the log on screen it just stays at the log on background picture.

All I can think of is I ran an anti virus scan and it came up with a file that was infected called " SocksLib.dll " - it gave me the option to delete this file which I did. Also I updated my zone alarm software. Since these two things I have not been able to access my desktop or start menu yet can still access things through the CNTRL ALT DEL task Manager and then " file run " option where I can access my c drive and all the other things on the PC

I have ran AVG and gone into the virus vault and restored the file thinking this might work but str8 away I got a prompt saying that there was a virus so this time I selected HEAL infected but this has NOT solved the problem.

Also I have uninstalled Zone Alarms

So I dont know what else to do, its annoying as when I log on I cant access anything without having to go through the backwards way !!! :eek:

If you could offer some help / advice I would really appreciate it !

Many thanks in advance,

:eek: Paddy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online