Desktop PCs with raised keys in keyboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jolu

Hello,

I want to buy a new PC but an essential feature for me is that the keys in the keyboard be a little raised, not flat. I don't know if any laptops come with raised keys, or just desktops. If you can guide me on what PC to buy that has such a keyboard, I'd appreciate it. Also I prefer wired keyboards and mice, but the most important issue for me is the raised keys in the keyboard.

Thank you.

Jolu

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Your subject references a desktop, but your content refers to a laptop. If a desktop, it really doesn't matter what comes with it, if anything. You can buy whatever keyboard you so desire and connect it. For that matter, you can do the same for a laptop.

Jolu

I notice that the new computers only have 2 USB ports. My current Dell Inspiron 15 has 3 USB ports, so that I can connect peripherals. I suppose I can buy a wireless keyboard, but I don't know how to attach one and would prefer wired. Also, do all mechanical keyboards work with all computers?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As long as you can plug it in, it should work. To get around the USB port limitations, you can either get a USB hub or a dock that plugs into a USB-C port and provides extra USB ports, video ports of various types, etc.

Jolu

As long as you can plug it in, it should work. To get around the USB port limitations, you can either get a USB hub or a dock that plugs into a USB-C port and provides extra USB ports, video ports of various types, etc.
Thank you, you've answered my questions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online