desktop problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cmed

Netscape[s my browser and I have ME....Suddenly when I turn on my computer and the icons come up on the screen about 2/3's of the screen is covered with Netscape web site, not the entirely blue screen with only the icons showing.Iv'e tried everything but can't get that partial website off the thing. I can move it from side to side with the little horizontal error but not off. When I go Netscape to work every thing is ok. No problem there. How can I get that off my desk top?
Thanks as always -----------

I suspect it being loaded at startup. To stop it select Start, Run, type: MSCONFIG, Startup tab, and uncheck Netscape.

cmed

I followed your instructions but could not see Netscape to uncheck---Am I missiong something here?

No, I was suspecting it, only. Can you left click the Netscape icon and select Delete?

cmed

I clicked Netscape and it shows only close and exit-------No delete and close or exit didn't help. Any other suggestions? I have restarted and that didn't clear the thing out.....Would reinstalling Netscate help? I'd just like to get the desktop cleaned up. Thanks

It's worth a try. Uninstall it first using Add/Remove Programs, Reboot, and then reinstall it. Good luck.

cmed

I decided to uninstall 4.78 and reinstall it---I went to control panel-clicked add and remove programs----selected Netscape 4.78-------clicked on add/remove--------It asked if I was sure I wanted to remove it--------I clicked yes------It started up and then went back to control panel--clicked add/remove and 4.78 still there!!What am I not doing right? Tried that several times and the same thing happened. Is this just a bad day or what......Any advice?

An overinstall may work as suggested by Mosaic1, but left over setting may cause the same problem you are having to occur again. You can try it first or look in the menu option of Netscape for an uninstall option. Another option is to delete all Netscape folders and then run RegClean to have it clean up the Windows Registry entries. If you don't have RegClean it can be downloaded from Microsoft.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online