1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop-Restore font size

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Infidel_Kastro, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infidel_Kastro

Infidel_Kastro Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,
    One of my idiot strudents has tkaen it upon themselves to change the font and desktop size evverytime they are on the computer becuase he can't quite grasp that these are MY computers, not his. Anyway, the size of the icons and font are small, thus making it hard for my other students to read, so can someone tell me the best way to restore the icon size and font size. i would appreciate it.
    andrew :) (y)

2. obi wan

obi wan

Right Click on Desktop/ Properties/ Click the settings tab and move the screen resolution slider to a smaller setting.

That should restore your desktop size to a readable setting!

Owen.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Should be under Display in the Control Panel.

But usually people change the screen resolution to their liking, so what you can do is right click on the desktop, choose properties and you should be able to change the size there. (Usually a decent size is 800x600, though most monitors are on 1024x768). You can access this through Display icon too.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218398

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice