1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop shadow Font To sharp please help change back

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CaptnAwesomee, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptnAwesomee

CaptnAwesomee Thread Starter

I don't know what happend but before my desktop icons all had smooth edges with no nasty shadows....
    But now In as musch as I hate it, my icons have shadows and rough edges because of the shadow... I dont know how to remove them properly...
    I tried switching to medium(16 bit) color from highest(32 bit) quality on the settings tab of my computer's display properties. I got smooth edged and no shadow icons, but it doesnt seem right since my entire pixels are not of good quality anymore.....
    But then again switching it to 32 bit gives me the best pixel quality but with the nasty icons with shadows and rough edges....

After I did a driver Update for my Graphics Card which is a AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 with a Resolution if 1600 x 900 refresh rate 60

the text got way to sharp, I never changed the settings because its still at 1600x900, how can i change it back to the original text

Original text before
    [​IMG]

After the Update
    [​IMG]

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Go to Control Panel > Display, and click on "Adjust ClearType text". Follow the instructions to see if any improvement can be made there. I found my icon text actually looks better if I turn OFF "smooth edges of screen fonts".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice