1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

desktop shortcut missing or sound like that!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by asyano, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asyano

asyano Thread Starter

Hi to all members,
    Pls help me with my problem,here it is first i download and install an add on something to my windows media player says srs sound so but when i was done installing it
    suddenly my computer started rebooting and do system check an it wont stop!!!
    So what i did is go into safe mode and did a system restore at the time i download
    the software.Alls well but then when i right click on my desktop to refresh, it says.

C:\documents and settings\rolando\desktop\refers to a location that is unavailable.it could be on a hardrive on this computer,or on a network.check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted,or that you are connected to your computer or to a network,and then try again.if it still cannot be located,the information might have been moved to a diffrent location.
    pls help me i don't know what to do,by the way i have a back up tool "erunt" can i use this to restore what's missing?
    If i do use this back up tool can i loose those that i download recently?

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Check here and see if you see anything like that:
    "Run,msconfig,ok,startup" that you can uncheck and then apply and reboot.

3. asyano

asyano Thread Starter

Hi Rich-M,
    Thanks for your advise,actually i was able to solve the problem but i did the wrong way,so my windows media player 11 w/c i download from microsoft for about 3 long hours was gone due to the software that i shred!!
    Well you must learn the hard way.anyways thanks for your advise.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!