1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

desktop shortcut

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Auser, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auser

Auser Thread Starter

My question is I want to make a shortcut to disable internet activity. My local area connection under general has a disable button this stops all internet activity instantly (obviously) what i want to do if possible is create a shortcut to this disable feature.I have a shortcut for local area connection already on my desktop but want on to the disable feature, anyone ever tried this? any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

2. e-liam

e-liam

Hi Auser, and welcome to TSG..:)

Do you have a firewall? If you do, it may have a facility for doing this anyway. I use Zone Alarm, and the way to activate the Internet Lock is simply to right click the ZA Icon (see image attached) and click Engage Internet Lock. Two clicks and it's done. And as it's not on the desktop, you don't even need to close down the windows in use to get at it.

If you don;t have a firewall, I suggest that you get one anyway.. :)

Cheers

Liam

Attached Files:

3. Auser

Auser Thread Starter

Thanks e-liam Yes I have a firewall Norton 2003 Personal firewall and it does have the STOP traffic button. I was just trying to figure out a way to have a "panic" button on desktop for a one-click fix :) .. Thanks for the reply..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice