Desktop, start menu, taskbar are blank

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrs.faith

Good day.
:mad:
I need urgent help please !.

I believe I am infected....

Desktop is blank (no icons at all - only wallpaper), start menu and taskbar are blank.

I tried to restore from command prompt but did not work!.

I logged as administrator trying to access and clean virus if any but got same as user login (every thing is blank)!.

I tried to login in safe mode for user and admin but every thing is blank!.

I need help to have my PC running back please.

Also, how can I scan and clean viruses from command line using flash drive please.

Thanks in advance for help.

mrs.faith

(y) Good day Jack.

Jack Hackett said:
Try this
Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar
Line 195, right hand side
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Restore Taskbar and Start Menu
Line 117, left hand side
Does your AV support command line commands?
These 2 files did not help.

I got it worked now (replying using it). I used total commander (launced from task manager) from http://www.ghisler.com/ to search for restoration file :
c:\windows\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe, executed from normal mode (did not work from safe mode) and did restore known good point. Now I need to do AV and anti spam full scan.

No, mine is AVG free. do you know free one do that ?.

Thanks very nuch and good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online