Desktop suggestions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

logik927

I need a new desktop computer. Right now I use an emachines laptop with integrated video, so I can't run hardly ANY games on it. And it overheats a LOT, so I think I'm going to spend some money on a badass computer. I mostly want it for gaming and such. The only thing is that I've been out of the tech loop for a while so I dont know whats top notch or whats pure crap. So if anybody has any suggestions or information on hardware I would just love it. And you could even post your machine specs or your dream machine specs and we could go from there. Thanks guys. (y)

pugmug

Banned
Dream machine=Bill Gates personal computer,lol.How much you have to spend on this new rig?

logik927

i dont really have a set amount, but something sort of reasonable. lol, my dad wants to buy a new desktop computer, and hes got the money to spend on it if he wants to, but i dunno. he said if i looked into it and got up to date on all the new computer gizmos and gadgets and if i could put it together and configure it then he would pay for it. and ive always loved computers and ive always had a knack for understanding them so it sounds like a perfect opportunity to learn about all the recent developments in computers doesnt it? ;)

Well tell your father that a very nice gaming rig can be put together for 1500-2000 USD. That's including quality manufactures and what not. Let us know if we need to go cheaper than that.

The rig in my signature cost me right around $1730, that is including shipping from newegg.com and an overpriced monitor.

logik927

haha, my 'father' :p well, the thing is that money isnt really the issue, the issue is me learning all the new stuff for computers. ive been out of the computer hardware loop for a while. like the 64 bit processors? no clue on how theyre better and the only reason i know that theyre better is because people say they are. and when i was up to date on computers a geforce 4 was brand spankin new and a gig of ram was pretty high end. ive just got to get used to all the new stuff and new products out there and decide on what to use and whats best. and then i want to put it all together and configure it to work and crapola. and i also dont want to spend 2 grand on a top of the line computer and then 2 months from now theres something better. ya know? :p and dont worry, i dont have to get everything cleared by my dad :D hes giving me control of putting together a computer for my family. and im 18 years old, so dont worry about me being a little 13 year old or something lol ;) its just that i have a lot of catching up to do in the computer world, and what better place to come for help than here :)

Heh, sounds good to me. I'll put something together when I get the time. You want a gaming system right? Oh, and if you buy high end components now, they'll more or less be 'outdated' within 2 months, but that doesn't mean that it won't make 95% of gamers out there drool. :)

logik927

Tacocaster said:
I'll put something together when I get the time. You want a gaming system right?
your not actually going to physically put one together are you? lol, just think it up right? cuz im gonna buy it all and piece it together and configure it all. and plus i have a cousin that works at a web based store and he can get me discounts on cases and power supplies and fans and cooling accessories and such.

LOL! :) :) No, I'm not putting one together. I'm gunna let you pay for one. I just put mine together and I don't want to have to put a new one together for awhile. I'll write up a part list when I get some time :)

logik927

lol, alrite, awesome. sounds good :) ill probably need some help learning how to put it together to, but we'll save that one for the future. :D

logik927

looks like a good site but i cant find anything on it. really unorganized. :-/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts