1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop unusually slow/freezing even after scans

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by IchiKun, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IchiKun

IchiKun Thread Starter

Alright so ive gone through my computer and scanned through everything with the Uniblue Powersuite and got rid of a lot of errors a lot of useless files etc and my computer is still -really- slow and freezes at the use of any application. It eventually comes back to full functionality but it dips in and out of going -really- slow and pure frozen. This is a really recent event with my computer and I have no idea what is doing it. I get blue screens sometimes here and there and my other thread states one of them, which I still have not figured out, although it is less frequent now.

Another BSOD that I get every now and this is the one below this.

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)

I have no idea what causes this but it has come up during scandisk or just randomly through windows.

Im really at a deadend here and Im curious if anyone knows anything that could help me out.

As I said this is a very recent group of issues within the last 4-5 days probably and before it was working just fine.

2. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Here is a link that should provide the info you need:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317189

I put "STOP: c000021a" into a Google search. Many references came up, including the above.

{redoak}

3. IchiKun

IchiKun Thread Starter

Thank you, but that is for windows NT not windows XP home edition so i dont know if that'd apply to me. Id like to avoid reinstalling windows, like a few places have suggested so Im just seeing if there are any alternative solutions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!