1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop Wallpaper Folder?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Azmodeus, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azmodeus

Azmodeus Thread Starter

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to point the Background page (Right click>Properties>Desktop) to another folder?

The folder it is currently showing has pictures in it that I don't want set as a background, but there is another folder I have which I do want to be used. How do I change it?

Edit:: I'm guessing there is just some .ini file somewhere that I need to alter, but I don't know where to start looking.

2. flynstone

flynstone

You could just right click on any picture and select 'Set as Desktop Background'. That picture will then be listed with the others until you change it. Not quite what you asked but a simple procedure to achieve the same end result.

3. Azmodeus

Azmodeus Thread Starter

Yes, that is one possibility.
    However, I hav noticed that if I changed to a different wallpaper, the previous one vanishes (unless it is in the folder which I'm trying to change).

The other problem I have is with the icon-text-background transparency - I have tried many different tips to make it a clear background, but none of them work. I know about the "Use drop shadows blah blah blah" setting in System>Advanced>Performance Settings, and I have tried Right Click>Arrange Icons>Lock Web Items on desktop, but neither of them work.

I even downloaded WindowsFX to change it there, but that didnt change it either.

I have just sorted out my computer after I was assaulted by 146 virii at once (fecking backdoor trojan got in! My fault, but doesn't make it any easier to put up with). Since then I have had these problems. I dont know if the virus changed something, which is why I really need to know how to fix it, rather than just work around it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!