1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop with laptop 's screen , possible ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nltung, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nltung

nltung Thread Starter

Due to lack of space , I'm going to remove my desktop monitor, as a replacement I'm trying to use my laptop 's screen, it means that my desktop computer and laptop share the same screen. What should I do ?
    thanks in advance (y)

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

possible, but likely not worth it.. You'd have to figure out the pin-out for the laptop screen and wire in a vga connector.

If you decide to do it, make sure you first set the desktop resolution to 640x480 at 60hz. Laptop lcd's only support native resolutions and you could distroy it by trying a resolution that it's not capable of.

3. nltung

nltung Thread Starter

Can you go into a little bit detail ? What is pin-out ? I still cannot image what I should do to let the both machine work, with just using one screen ?

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Not really possible.

Your laptop is able to drive another screen, but not able to be used by another PC.

The screen in the laptop is "hard wired" to the laptop only

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

what kiwi is saying is that you'd most likely distroy the laptop in the process.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice