1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop won't power on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dmdarapt, Dec 8, 2019.

1. dmdarapt

dmdarapt Thread Starter

Hi,

I have an Origin PC Neuron desktop PC and just today it has stopper powering on, when I press the power button the light just comes on for a second and then switches off again. This has happened twice before and I fixed it by switching the power supply switch to off and then let it sit for a few hours and then it started working again but this time that has not worked. I was in touch with Origin PC tech support and then were not very helpful they just suggested I do what I already did and also that I take the RAM out and then re-seat it which I have not tried yet because I doubt it will work. Any ideas as to what is going on?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I'd try another power supply. Since it happened before, it might mean that the power supply was slowly fading. It has now died and refuses to power up your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice