1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by louie53, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. louie53

louie53 Thread Starter

I would like to know if anyone can recommend a good desktop program that you can load down pictures for your desktop background. I had webshots, but someone told me it has spyware on it. I not sure that's true. But I like to put different pictures on my desktop background and want something safe.

2. GrumpyHermit

GrumpyHermit

You don't necessarily need a separate application in order to download desktop wallpapers. I simply have a sub-folder in the My Documents folder called wallpapers that I download images to. Many websites offer quality wallpapers; National Geographic is one example, islands.com has some; any digital image can be used as a wallpaper if it is of a sufficient resolution.

The procedure for downloading wallpapers varies from site to site, but basically you just click on the image you want at the proper screen resolution, then right-click the image and choose save image as from the menu that pops up. Then just save it to the folder you have made up, and you'll always have a good supply of wallpapers. :)

3. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

[tsg=welcome] Welcome to TSG! [/tsg]

I have used Webshots for years, and I can assure you that it does not contain spyware.

4. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    You really don't need any program. All I do is right click the saved pic I want on my desktop and choose " Set as desktop background".
    Works for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice