1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bruklinboy, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bruklinboy

bruklinboy Thread Starter

Here's one I did and can't seem to fix.
    I used an app called double killer. I should have backed up my system , or created a restore point before i used it.
    After it found all the double files, i asked it to delete the first copy of each double, simple. right?
    Unfortunately, it changed my desktop back to the old classic windows style. I went to properties to get back the windows XP style. Ya know, the one that it comes with, soft round edges, microsoft blue. Unfortunately it won't change back, even though I keep choosing that style and hitting apply.
    Now normally I wouldn't be too concerned about this, but the wife is gettin tired of me foolin around with the PC and would appreciate if I could return back to the style she prefers.
    Anyone wanna help me save my marriage?...heh j/k

2. mobo

mobo

For the sake of your marriage does the program create backups like it should ?

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Use XP's system restore, to a date prior to this.

You have probably unwisely removed a file from a directory where it is currently needed, while leaving the same copy somewhere it's not presently used.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!