1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

desperate for MAC help

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by thonerich, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thonerich

thonerich Thread Starter

can anyone help me retrieve deleted files from my mac. i really really need to get them back.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Report the posting to a moderator and have them move it to the DOS/MAC section. You'll probably get a better response.

3. emoxley

emoxley

The only way I know of is to use Norton Utilities(or something similar). Norton has a feature called un-erase, that will allow retrieving files, as long as they haven't been overwritten. You needed to quit using the computer immediately after files were deleted, especially for internet. Browser dumps the cache every so often, which means that files are being overwritten.
    Good luck!

4. emoxley

emoxley

Just read your other post (locked one).
    Hook the camera back up to the mac. If you didn't empty the trash before, the pics may still be there, when camera is hooked up. It sounds crazy, but camera WILL have to be hooked up to check this.
    Good luck!

5. iKwak

iKwak

I heard that you can retrieve deleted files if you did not use Secure Trash.
    Has to do with using X11 program.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!