Desperately Having Trouble With A Database

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jac249

hey guys,

Trying to make a database and having a bit of difficulty. Have attatched a copy of the database.

What i need help with:

• calculating time elapsed, between the Allocated Date & the Finish/Expiry Date
  • I need the Finish/Expiry Date to show 18 days after the Allocated Date & if possible needs to be able to be changed per client
  • I need need need a search form where i can search a client by Surname, Client ID, Suburb
  • need a search form so i can search a batch of clients by Client ID or Suburb, but like with a Client ID From ####; Client ID To ####.
  • Also need a search to check up on who an employee is working on. More on that one below though
  • Am slightly to largely confused about emailing, can i make it so I do a query and the resulting leads will get emailed a specific thingy?
  • need desperate help with a query regarding employees. Need it to show who an employee is working on. Now there is an employees table and also tables for the different types of employees, and because an employee can be more than one type the query tends to show only the ones where the employee is doing all activities..? it'll make more sense if you dl the file. lol.
Have spent days searching and trying new things but they just wont work and now im starting to really desperately need the database to be up and going.

I'm fine if you guys can tell me how to do it but if anyone could set it up for me it would be nice too - but i have no money so no real expectations.

thanks in advance for any and all help.

Attachments

OBP

I have posted the answers to all of your "Problems" on here over the past few months.
I will take a look and get back to you.

OBP

Is the Main Form form where you want to search for a Client?
If so you would actually be better off using a Combo box set to find a record on the main form and link the Client Information Query Form to it.
You are on the right track with your Client Information Query except this
[Forms]![Main Form]![First name]
should be
[Forms]![Main Form]![Text0]
Which is the name of the field on the main Form form.
I have made that change for you and also provided a new Main Form with a Combo for selection so you can see it for comparison.
I have added some simple VBA to your Main Client form to set the Lead Epriy Date 18 days after the Allocated Date.

I would also make some changes in the Switchboard as well, I don't think that the welcome is necessary or the splitting the Client in to Edit and Add.

Attachments

jac249

hey thanks it looks good but in the event there was more than one person with the same name it wouldn't very suit my cause. is there an easy way to get it to show like this: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
I tried his way and dl-ed his example database but it doesnt even work.

OBP

Did you look at your original Mainform which uses an exact match, that can easily be converted to use the Like "*" function.

OBP

I have modified the original mainform query so that it has Like "*" in it. If you enter a 1 in the text box you get 3 records in the subform 1, 10 and 11

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online