1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

destination drive reject problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Techoidiot, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Techoidiot

Techoidiot Thread Starter

Firstly, this is my first post to the group so please bear with me...I am NOT very technical, but I am intuitive. I don't know if anyone has had this problem but I hope someone can help.

I am running EMC 10 on Windows Vista. Every time I try to copy a non-copyrighted DVD, I can successfully get through the first stage. When prompted to insert a blank disc, I do. The tray reopens and I get this message " Insert disc...Please insert a blank disc in this drive. Possible disc types are DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DOUBLE LAYER, DVD+RW." This happens every time I try to copy a dvd using any of the copy applications. Every time! I have every type of disk suggested and have tried this using each type...no success. I've tried copying the disc to the desktop and the hard drive. This only allows me to play it on a computer, not a DVD player. Please note though,as unusual as this sounds, during the course of trying to find the problem, I was able to make a copy only once from each selection on the Roxio menu. These were "Copy DVD", "Copy Disc" and "Burn Image" When I tried a 2nd time, thinking I had it fixed, it would not let me and the same window popped up over and over again. I've spent countless hours searching all over this computer looking for some setting or way to solve this problem. I'm at the point now that I may go out and buy other software other than Roxio to see if that is where the problem lies.

I am able to burn new audio cds and also copy files from my hard drive to a cd and dvd, but for some reason I can't get a dvd to burn onto a disc. I have called Dell for help--useless. Can anyone help?

The DVD hardware is a Philips DVD+-RW DVD8881-AD18 and it came pre-installed on on our new Dell Dimension E520. The system is 5 months old....thanks!

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

3. Techoidiot

I have downloaded imgburn. You mention in your advice that I use the build mode after first copying the DVD tio the hard drive. Can I use Imgburn to copy the DVD then burn the image. Roxio allows me to copy but you must complete the process, which I am unable to do since it will not accept a blank DVD.

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Once you have transfered the VIDEO_TS folder (and it's contents) to your hard drive (copy/paste or drag and drop), ImgBurn can burn these directly to disc or it can create on ISO which can then be burned or saved. Using ImgBurn will help determine if your software is at fault.

Read the guides.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

5. Techoidiot

Thanks! OK, I did all that...It took about an hour but the DVD plays beautifully on my PC--looks great too.....BUT... the disc will not play on any of my DVD players hooked up to TV's...wtf?

After it tries to "Load", I get a disc error. How can I get the disc to play on the DVD machine so I can watch it on my TV?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice