Detailed HELP for Googles GMAIL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kneed2know

HI ti ALL,
I just opened an account in GMail and after being in Hotmail for years I don't find GMail to be as easy to use. It was quite easy to import my contacts list over from Hotmail.....BUT using it in GMail is NOT so easy!

1st EX: I want to edit a contact, the GMail HELP says select the contact then click on the text edit icon I must be going blind, I DON"T see the ICON anywhere on the screen

2nd EX: I want to compose a message and put some contacts in the BCC slot and others in the TO slot. I don't see a way to do this.

Finally - the tutorials GMail have on line are too miniscule is there a manual somewhere that I could either download or buy a copy?

ALL input will be greatly appreciated

DON

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You do realize that you can use POP3 for GMAIL and do all your mail activities with a local email client, right? I never visit the GMAIL page itself, I just use the POP3 capability with Thunderbird.

Before going further, try going to the bottom of your inbox page and click on "Standard" as yor "Gmail view". If you aren't already using it that way, that may answer some of your questions.

kneed2know

John,
THANKS for the quick reply.....HOWEVER I have NO idea what a POP3 is. I had a POP and a STEP POP but I never got anywhere a POP3 (slight attempt a humor!)

Looking forward to some pointer to explain the POP3

DON

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online