1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Details Pane No longer showing previews

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by genesis_cat, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. genesis_cat

genesis_cat Thread Starter

The details pane used to show a thumbnail preview of the first page of Adobe Acrobat documents when I selected the file. This was extremely helpful to me due to the nature of how I file these documents, as I didn't have to open the files - I only had to select them. As of this morning, the details pane only shows the name of the document and does not display a thumbnail preview of the first page. How do I fix this? Thank you!!

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

In the folder's toolbar, click View and select Thumbnails.

3. genesis_cat

Thanks for trying to help, but this does not solve my problem. This just changes the file into a PDF thumbnail.

What I need is for the Details pane on the left side of the window to show an image of the actual first page of the pdf document when I select the document.

Any ideas? Thanks,

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

[​IMG]

Are you sure you're not referring to View > Filmstrip? Windows XP offers Filmstrip view for folders which contain graphics files (e.g., GIF, JPEG, TIFF). If you are in a folder that does not have any graphics files, XP will not give you the Filmstrip option.

5. genesis_cat

Yes, I already have the show common tasks checked.

I pasted a gif picture in the folder and it showed a preview of that. However, it still does not show a preview of the first page of the PDF files anymore.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1047988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice