Detect Network Settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vlrbsf

I use WinMe and when I try to open a web page I sometimes get an error message saying "Cannot find server." When I click on the automatic "Detect Network Settings" I can usually get access to the web page. Is there something I need to adjust? I have my security setting at medium-high if that makes a difference. I am also using Spybot, AVG, and Ad-aware.

Del

How do you connect to the internet?
What operating system are you running?

vlrbsf

Hi Del-I am using a dial-up with NetZero and my OS is Windows Me. One other thing-I use WebWasher also, but I don't always have it running when this occurs. Do you think it could be because of my attempts to stop pop-ups, tracking, etc.?

Del

Possible the pop up stopper, but don't think so,
Where are you clicking automatically detect network settings?

vlrbsf

The error screen that i get says "you may need to adjust your browser" and then further down the page it says that i can let Windows look for my settings. That's where i click on the "Detect network settings."

just for kicks i would lower the security setting to medium the next time it happenes and if it didn't make any difference put it back. just a thought.

when i scanned it i deleted all the items that they told me i didnt need but i needed some of the things i had deleted and now i cant restore it back and my pc is not running the same. how can i get my pc back the way it was.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online