1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Detect Network Settings

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by vlrbsf, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vlrbsf

vlrbsf Thread Starter

I use WinMe and when I try to open a web page I sometimes get an error message saying "Cannot find server." When I click on the automatic "Detect Network Settings" I can usually get access to the web page. Is there something I need to adjust? I have my security setting at medium-high if that makes a difference. I am also using Spybot, AVG, and Ad-aware.

2. Del

Del

How do you connect to the internet?
    What operating system are you running?

3. vlrbsf

vlrbsf Thread Starter

Hi Del-I am using a dial-up with NetZero and my OS is Windows Me. One other thing-I use WebWasher also, but I don't always have it running when this occurs. Do you think it could be because of my attempts to stop pop-ups, tracking, etc.?

4. Del

Del

Possible the pop up stopper, but don't think so,
    Where are you clicking automatically detect network settings?

5. vlrbsf

vlrbsf Thread Starter

The error screen that i get says "you may need to adjust your browser" and then further down the page it says that i can let Windows look for my settings. That's where i click on the "Detect network settings."

6. monted

monted

just for kicks i would lower the security setting to medium the next time it happenes and if it didn't make any difference put it back. just a thought.

7. lala23d4

lala23d4

when i scanned it i deleted all the items that they told me i didnt need but i needed some of the things i had deleted and now i cant restore it back and my pc is not running the same. how can i get my pc back the way it was.

8. rachelnemali

rachelnemali

9. Eye 4 Eye

Eye 4 Eye

overcome windows network conflict between windows 95 and 98

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice