1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Detect & Repair

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pintoman74, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pintoman74

pintoman74 Thread Starter

When I open Word or any MS software I go to file-open-Look in. All the files are not in alphabetical order. They are jumbled. I had the problem before one time and I just went to tools-and the drop down list had a place to fix it but now I don’t have that option in the dropdown list. I thought maybe I could do a detect and repair but I want to make sure I don't loose any contacts information in Outlook because I think when I do a Detect & Repair it will affect all MS software. What do you know about that? Will I be safe in not affecting the contacts?

2. Augie65

Augie65

Have you tried opening My Documents> View> Arrange Icons by and tick Name? You might have to check Details in the View if Icons doesn't sort alphabetically first time. Then click Tools> Folder Options> View tab, and make sure that the box is checked: Remember each folder's view settings.

3. pintoman74

i tired that but to on avail!

4. Augie65

Augie65

Check this again.
    My Documents> View> Details.
    Over the Name column should be a small triangle that you can click to sort a to z or z to a. If it is over another column, click the Name column to active it and then sort a to z.
    Then go back and set the view to Icons or what ever you want. Hold the Ctrl key and use your mouse to click X to close.

5. pintoman74

Thanks - thats another way to do it.

6. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice