1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Detected DOS Exploit

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Sharker, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sharker

Sharker Thread Starter

Hi,

I have run Spybot – Search & Destroy on my computer and it has found something called “DOS Exploit.” It it gives information about it:

Company: Microsoft
    Product: Internet Explorer
    Threat: Security hole

So I can’t work out if I should remove it. If it’s from Microsoft it should be okay shouldn’t it? Then why does it say Security hole?

Should I get rid of it?

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

3. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

4. Sharker

Sharker Thread Starter

Thanks jd_957 and MFDnFC

I have the 1.3 version of Spybot (not 1.3.1TX) but I changed the settings, ignore products, and Spybot S&D is now giving the congratulations no immediate threats message. So basically I’m just assuming that the DOS exploit is no threat and ignoring it.

I think I'll get the fix anyway.

Thank you for your help.

Sharker.

5. Sharker

Sharker Thread Starter

Oh yer, forgot to mention, I have Windows XP.

6. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Sharker--It's DSO Exploit, not DOS.
    You can set SpyBot to ignore the product, but it is also OK to get the newer updated TX version. If you do change the ignore item back so it would be as it was, and get the TX version, scan a couple of times, the second time DSO Exploit should not show up.

7. Sharker

Sharker Thread Starter

Oh Yer, so it is, DSO not DOS.

Anyway I got the update so now I have Spybot search & destroy 1.3.1TX but for some reason the DSO exploit is still there. I ran Spybot S&D several times and rebooted and scanned again but to no avail. And (was it jd_975?) said that the update didn’t get rid of the problem either. So I’ve gone back to including it in the ignore categories. I don’t suppose there’s any problem with this, so long as I know it’s nothing to worry about.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice