1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Detecting 2 audio devices

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by spenchi, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spenchi

spenchi Thread Starter

I'm having trouble detecting 2 audio devices. I have ports on the front and the back, I'm trying to switch between a soundbar and a headset. If I plug them in by themselves in either port they work fine, but as soon as I plug in the headset only the soundbar will work as they both show up as the same exact thing in the sounds menu.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191227024817.000000-300
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
    Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    Hard Drives: C: 70 GB (17 GB Free); D: 848 GB (222 GB Free); E: 11 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP 82F1, ver 1.01, s/n PGANA0D0Z955DA
    System: AMI, ver HPQOEM - 1072009, s/n 4CE73935B9
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Uninstall both devices in Device Manager (and uninstall the drivers if presented), then disconnect them. Download updated drivers for both devices and install the headset first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice