Detecting USB 2.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Could you post some specs on your system for someone to take a look - particularly your Motherboard make / model.

Also what Win OS are you using ?

danno74

This isn't for me, it's for our company president. I was just wondering if there was someplace I could tell him to look on his system to see if he has it. He's looking at getting an ipod, and that requires USB 2.0 for it to work. I have looked in the device manager and didn't find anything within the USB listings. Would I have to check the BIOS? One of my co workers told me the PC would have to be manufacturers after Dec 2001.... true? It's definitely a PC he's using, most likely W2k.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you look at the USB entries in Device Manager, you need to see the word "Enhanced" or "USB 2.0". If either of those are present, it's a USB 2.0 controller.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online