1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Devastator Keyboard ASDF and JKL; keys randomly stop working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eift, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eift

Eift Thread Starter

Hello, I purchased Cooler Master's Devastator gaming gear combo off amazon and received it yesterday. Randomly today the ASDF and JKL; keys (oddly enough the keys you were taught to put your fingers on in elementary school) stopped working. However, they sometimes do work, but then stop again... It does not seem to be a keyboard command or anything like that, the device is getting enough power for the backlight to work, this still occurs with the backlight off, I have restarted my PC, tried different Usb drives and deducted that it was just that keyboard(the one I'm using now is fine) and finally, there is nothing inside those keys.
    I feel the problem must lie within the software of the keyboard as there looks like there is nothing wrong with it physically.
    I have been googling this all day and have fund nothing even close to the problem I am having.
    It would be a huge hassle try and get a refund and I was very happy with the product before this problem occurred. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Since the old keyboard works it looks like a hardware fault so I would return it and ask for a new one or a refund.

3. Saturable

Saturable

First Name:
    Mark
    I agree. A new keyboard should not be having the issue you describe. The only way to proceed is to request a replacement or refund.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1174181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice