development of an interactive website

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mgalloway

Dear All,

Thank you first for reading. I need some guidance. I have designed a website on WIX which is probably not the best website builder but I am new to this. I was to make the webpage interactive for users and I don't know where to turn or what to do. I am happy to learn. What I am trying to do its make a website that other teachers can access. On the website I want there to be list made by myself that user can login into a tick whether a child can do or not. I also want user to upload photo and video and photo of children doing specific things and be able to fill in a form about the child such as name, date of birth etc etc.

I have been told to use Java script and Phython but I just don't understand how coding will make this possible. Am I capable of learning what I need to know myself by online tutorial or courses or is it better to get support. Any help much apprecated.

First Name
Jim
You will need a database to hold the children's data and a server-side programming language to manipulate said data.
Am I capable of learning what I need to know myself by online tutorial or courses or is it better to get support. Any help much apprecated.
That depends upon your timeframe. If it's a rush job, source it out. If you have plensch time, learn PHP and PDO processing.

First Name
Colin
Think long and hard about sharing photos of children online. You may be making yourself liable to court action or attention from the authorities regardless of your intentions.

First Name
Jim
Great headsup @colinsp;)
@mgalloway - I don't know if the Wix platform enables you to utilise databases and edit your source code. If this is not possible, then it may also be worth your while learning html and using a better platform, which will enable you:)
I would imagine that WordPress may well have a theme/plugin which would facilitate your needs - @colinsp is a better person to answer that question ...

Last edited:
First Name
SITHub
An interactive website is most important an Internet page that uses different types of latest software to create a responsive, rich, interactive and user-friendly. it facilitates the visitors to be actively engaged with the site.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts