1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

development of an interactive website

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by mgalloway, Feb 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. mgalloway

mgalloway Thread Starter

Dear All,

Thank you first for reading. I need some guidance. I have designed a website on WIX which is probably not the best website builder but I am new to this. I was to make the webpage interactive for users and I don't know where to turn or what to do. I am happy to learn. What I am trying to do its make a website that other teachers can access. On the website I want there to be list made by myself that user can login into a tick whether a child can do or not. I also want user to upload photo and video and photo of children doing specific things and be able to fill in a form about the child such as name, date of birth etc etc.

I have been told to use Java script and Phython but I just don't understand how coding will make this possible. Am I capable of learning what I need to know myself by online tutorial or courses or is it better to get support. Any help much apprecated.

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    You will need a database to hold the children's data and a server-side programming language to manipulate said data.
    That depends upon your timeframe. If it's a rush job, source it out. If you have plensch time, learn PHP and PDO processing.

3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Think long and hard about sharing photos of children online. You may be making yourself liable to court action or attention from the authorities regardless of your intentions.

JiminSA likes this.
  4. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Great headsup @colinsp;)
    @mgalloway - I don't know if the Wix platform enables you to utilise databases and edit your source code. If this is not possible, then it may also be worth your while learning html and using a better platform, which will enable you:)
    I would imagine that WordPress may well have a theme/plugin which would facilitate your needs - @colinsp is a better person to answer that question ...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  5. sithub

sithub

First Name:
    SITHub
    An interactive website is most important an Internet page that uses different types of latest software to create a responsive, rich, interactive and user-friendly. it facilitates the visitors to be actively engaged with the site.

6. besthomepackers

besthomepackers

Interaction design is the design of the interaction between users and products. The goal of interaction design is to create products that enable the user to achieve their objective in the best way possible.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice