1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

device drivers missing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kingofburdocks, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kingofburdocks

kingofburdocks Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steve
    I recently formatted my computer's hard drive and reinstalled Win98SE. Windows recognized all the periferals (2nd HD, Zip Drive, 2 CDROMs and floppy) but the driver that was installed for the display is 16 colors and there is neither sound nor modem. These three were working before the format. Can you tell me how I might identify these devices so that I can search for the drivers. I no longer have the recovery disks and msinfo32 and Belarc Advisor only show what's loaded for drivers, not the make and model of the 3 devices.

2. Whitestar

Whitestar

Have you tried a windows update.

Or if you know the name of the company that made the motherboard, you can go to their website and the drivers should be there if you do a little hunting.

3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy kingofburdocks...

Aida32 is about the best that I know of for identifying unknown devices...

4. Tumbleweed36

Tumbleweed36

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/210123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice