1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

device\harddisk2\dr4

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rico123, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rico123

Rico123 Account Closed Thread Starter

I have windows xp. When I try to open quicktimeplayer, i get "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert drive device\harddisk2\dr4"

I Can't even cancel out that message from my screen.

Help, please

2. moper

moper

I believe Quicktime may be searching for a card reader of some sort. If you have one, plug it back in. It's looking to the last location of files it played. To make it forget, keep trying to get the message to close. With the Quicktime Player open, Click on File, Open Recent, and Clear Menu.

If you can't get the error message to close, go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Quicktime

Rename the file: QuickTimeFavorites.qtr

I would upgrade to the most recent version.

moper

3. Rico123

Rico123 Account Closed Thread Starter

We have multiple memory cards for our digital camera, so maybe it is looking for movies from those. Of course, we can't have them all in at the same time.

Reading suggestions from others, I deleted QuickTimeFavorites.qtr . I noticed however that it keeps coming back, and unless I clear the recent menu problem every time, the original problem comes back.

So here are my questions.
    1. Should I rename quicktimefavorites.qtr?
    2. I have already bought quicktime pro? Do I need to buy something new?
    3. If I have multiple memory cards (or cds for that matter with MOV files), am I stuck with the problem.

Thanks

4. moper

moper

The Quicktimefavorites will keep being recreated, this is normal. Maybe it will help if you clear the 'recent menu' each time before you close Quicktime.

But, you're not the only one to experience this problem. Make sure you are running the latest version of Quicktime.

moper

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/349242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice