1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

device IRQ conflict error at startup

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ivndrs, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ivndrs

ivndrs Thread Starter

I am running windows 95, and I recieve a "Device IRQ conflict" error every time I start my computer. This has been going on for quite a long time, although it used to not do this. I recently (today, to be exact) formatted or reformatted my computer, and I still get this same message. I'm not sure if it is causing problems or not, because there is always a problem with my computer. Is it possible it is a physical problem with my computer (I.E. something is wired wrong)? Any ideas are greatly aprecciated.

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

list your IRQ's

3. deanas

deanas

You might want to go to control panel
    open up system applet, and look in
    device manager. It should show which
    item is in conflict. highlight and check it's
    properties. Should be a conflict solver here.

4. ivndrs

ivndrs Thread Starter

I am not quite sure how to list my IRQs? I opened the device list, but it says there is nothing conflicting - this is why I am so puzzled.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and press ok.......go to hardware, IRQs, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

****EDIT****
    OOopps, nevermind, that's not going to work for you......just noticed you're running windows 95.

Take a look to see if there's anything trying to use the same IRQ in the device manager.....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice