Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Device Manager is empty, and I can't install drivers.

869 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tony007 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've had an empty Device Manager for a long time and I'm only now trying to find out how to fix it.

I didn't really worry about it before because everything was working fine, even though it was empty. But recently when I've been trying to install drivers for my video card, and my new game controller there have been issues. For example the driver installation for my radeon 9600 card refuses to start up. And the driver installer for my gamepad fails to recognize that it's even plugged in (even though games recognize the controller just fine).

I'm guessing these driver problems are related to the empty device manager? The installer won't install the drivers because it doesn't think the devices are even installed or plugged in the computer.

These are the things I've tried so far. I got these solutions from google searching.
Checking Plug and Play - It's set to automatic.
mscoonfig -> services - Hide All Microsoft Services is unchecked.
Aproposfix.exe - Still empty.
Editing Permissions in the Registry - Still doesn't work.

I've ran spyware and virus tests too. They found a lot of things, but I'm still having trouble.

Any ideas guys?

See less See more
#4 ·
If DM is empty, it is usually because a service is not running. Are your Plug-and-Play and Shell Hardware Detection services running and set to automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.