1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Device Manager (Monitor Missing)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AsheAnubis, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsheAnubis

AsheAnubis Thread Starter

Ok here it goes....

I was playing Bioshock and my computer froze. I got some crazy pink screen and then nothing so I had to do a hard restart. (SUCKED)

So, I turned it back on and noticed my Monitor Drivers were deleted? (ViewSonic 21" VX2025wm) I then of coarse reinstalled and everything seemed to be working nicely.

I started playing Call of Duty 4 and I could see some glitching so I stopped playing and started up my Nvidia System Monitor so I could watch the temp of the Video Card (8800GTXOC BFG). Noticed the temp rise to about 81 degrees C which is normal for the card and it crashed again. So now I'm convinced its the video card. Went to Nvidia Website and DL the newest drivers for the card v180.52. Of coarse I had to reinstall the Monitor drivers as well.

So all that done. I started playing one more time to see the results (Stupid I know) and the same thing happened but this time the Monitor and Sound Card Drivers were deleted. (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2). So I tried installing the sound card but I get this message (The File 'catc32k.sys' on Creative installer CD-ROM is needed) So I put the disk in and try to reinstall it but nothing. I even tried to manually remove and start over but still nothing.

Now when I try to install my monitor I can't because the disk does not work and I have to manually install it. But I have to click the plug and play monitor option in the Monitor Selection but it is not there. I have unplugged the monitor and restarted many times but nothing. I have tried other monitors and my computer just does not pick up any plug and play monitors.

Does anyone know how to get this working again?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/823778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice