1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Device Manager not recognizing CD drive

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rockygrrl, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rockygrrl

rockygrrl Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I see this has been posted before but I have tried the options listed and it still isn't working. I didn't pay much attention to when it disapeared but it is gone now. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, I checked the bios and nothing has changed there, I checked the registry for the upper and lower filters and they are not there. I also downloaded the firmware and Windows won't let me install it because there is no matching drive, I even pulled another rom drive from a working system so I know it is good and still have the same problem. I went back 2 weeks and removed all the updates, I don't have system restore set back long enough to get it back. Is there any other ideas?

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Hardware is recognized in the BIOS but not in windows. Did you try re-install of drivers for the hardware?

3. rockygrrl

rockygrrl Thread Starter

I have tried to reinstall drivers but Vista says (forgive me I don't remember the exact wording) This file is for Sony model #### Drive not found and it gives me no other options.
    Thanks for the help

4. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

What is the name and model of the cd drive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/766619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice