device manager scripting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redbeardmcg

I am trying to get a 4 port NIC to work, and due to a bios limitation I am forced into disabling the 4th port on the device before shutdown, and enabling it once windows has finished booting. Otherwise, windows will not boot.

I come from the Linux/Unix world where this sort of thing is possible and easy (I would hope any modern operating system would give you enough control and functionality to accomplish this sort of task) but as I had assumed it does not seem to be so with windows xp.

How can I automate this?

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online