1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Device Manager Shows wrong info

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Parmcat, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Parmcat

Parmcat Thread Starter

Hello all,

I have just finished building my first system form the ground up. My problem is not what I expected, as I was waiting for a major catastrophy...LOL

On post, and in the device manager, the info about my processor is wrong.

Here is what I have:

ECS KT600-A Mobo
    Athlon 2400XP
    512 Kingston DDR 333
    ATI 9000 Pro
    WinXP Pro

On post, and in the device manager, it shows that my CPU is only an 1800+ and 1.5 gig. This was bought in a retail box from a respected dealer here, and I understand this to be a 2 gig CPU.

Is there something I have to do in the bios to recognise the full spec of the CPU?

I have been at this all night, and I am now off to bed. I will look for responses in when I get up.

Thanks in advance

Parm

2. A Hawk

A Hawk

Go into bios and check your FSB setting.:)

3. Parmcat

Parmcat Thread Starter

Hi again,

I have been into the bios, and tried to switch the FSB, but I am not too comfy in the bios.

My MOBO is suppose to have a 400 FSB, and the CPU is 400, so I assumed it would find this by default.

In the bios, it will only let me switch to a 133 FSB, and when I switch, and reboot, I get power, but a blank screen.

I have tried to set JPs 8 and 9 to what the manual states, but still no luck...

Any other help ot there?

Parm

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Check the manual for the MB . . there is usualy a jumper setting for 100 or autp fsb ( after multipliers it ends up 200 or 266 ) then once you have the MB set for auto you should be able to set the efective speed (400 ) in the BIOS.

Hope this helps . . wrs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/209089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice