Device Manager/Update Drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tacocaster

Alright, new rig has been up and running for about a week now. I just noticed that in my device manager under Other Devices it has yellow question marks and exclamation points next to the following: Other PCI Bridge, PCI Memory Controller, and SM Bus Controller.

First of all, what are they? Secondly, the drivers should be on my motherboard disc right? Mobo = ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe.

Yes, you need to be sure that you have loaded the MOBO drivers from the CD...and it appears that you haven't ???

Run through the process again to make sure. You may have to remove the questionable devices after that and allow them to be reinstalled on the next reboot.

Tacocaster

Alright, talked with ASUS rep and got the most recent drivers downloaded and installed. The Nvidia Chipset driver he had me download would not install. I installed the one from the ASUS disc, even though I think I did this the night I put the hardware together. Drivers installed included a LAN driver, ASUS update, nTune, Realteck AC'97. Both LAN ports work now. This makes me happy. Another 'problem' has come to the surface though. I installed the nVidia Drivers that replaces....IDE controllers? So now down in the taskbar I've got the option to safely remove hardware...for my only HDD (lol). Any ideas?

Tacocaster

Would the nVidia chipset driver he had download not install because I already had a version of it installed? Just a thought.

PC Wizard is telling me that I have nVidia nForce4 installed as my chipset.

PC Wizard has this to say about it:

General Information :
NorthBridge : nVidia nForce4
NorthBridge : AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron Bridge
SouthBridge : nForce4 PCI to ISA Bridge

NorthBridge Information :
Architecture : HUB
Manufacturer : nVidia (ASUSTeK Computer Inc)
Codename : CK8-04
Revision : A3

NorthBridge Information :
Architecture : HUB
Manufacturer : AMD
Revision : 0
HTT Frequency : 201 MHz
Memory Bus Speed : 201 MHz

APIC Information :
Version : 1.01
Maximum Interrupts : 24
IRQ Handler enabled : No

Device Capabilities :
I/O Access : No
Memory Access : Yes
Bus Master Capable : Yes
Special Cycle Recognition : No
Memory Write & Invalidate : No
VGA Palette Snoop : No
Parity Error Response : No
Cycle Wait : No
System Error Line : No
Fast Back-to-Back : No
Detects Parity Errors : No
User Defined Format : No
PCI 66Mhz Bus Support : Yes
New Capability List : Yes
PCI Support : Hyper-Transport
PCI Support : Hyper-Transport

Tacocaster

Problem solved, audio anyways. I found a manual on Thermaltake's website that helped me out. Is there any way to test to see if the mic port is working? Rather, what is the easiest way?

Ummmm....plug a mic into it and then go to Sounds and Audio Devices (ctrl pnl) and under the voice tab select "test hardware".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online